Mobile Plant Operators
South East & London / Midlands & North / South West & Wales / West Coast Scotland
CPCS / NPORS / MPQC / PTS, LUL, SPA, HGV Class1 (Beneficial)
Crawler & Wheeled Materials Handlers
Crawler & Wheeled Excavators
Wheel Loaders / CAT 950 - 988
Dozers / CAT D6Lgp – D9T
Articulated Dump Trucks
Material Handling / Quarrying / Earthworks Industry experience 3 - 5yrs
Adhere to H&S procedures & complete daily records
Capable of daily checks & routine daily maintenance
Willingness to work away from home as required
Ability to operate multiple plant categories
Full clean driving licence
What’s on offer
Competitive rates & benefits
On-going training and the opportunity for career progression
Long term on-going contracts & employment
Company clothing & PPE
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01279 630891
Job - Mobile Welder / Engineer - Heavy Mobile Equipment
Tracked & Wheeled Material Handlers / Wheeled Loaders / Hydraulic Attachments
Based in Harlow, Essex with nationwide travel to customer job sites
RFS Works Limited, are the premier company for the loading and unloading of railway wagons and water-borne vessels, able to service a huge variety of contracts operating within time constraints, rail and tide timetables. We’re now embarking on an exciting journey to reinforce our leading position as a preferred industry solutions provider to all sectors undertaking bulk materials handling.
We are now looking for an experienced and ideally, apprentice trained Heavy Plant Welder/Engineer for undertaking welding repairs to our heavy equipment fleet and attachments.
The successful candidate will have time served knowledge of heavy plant equipment including materials handlers / excavators / wheeled loaders and hydraulic attachments and will be confident in attending sites to carryout time critical welding repairs.
Our ideal candidate would also have some knowledge of heavy plant auto-electrics, engines, transmissions, hydraulics and pneumatics, along with the ability to diagnose faults on heavy mobile equipment and carry out breakdown repairs and PPM.
The ability to work under pressure and on your own initiative to complete welding repairs to a high standard is essential.
You must be able to effectively communicate clearly with operatives and managers to fault diagnose with equipment and attachments, source the correct materials to undertake welding repairs in an efficient manner to minimise downtime, be able to update self knowledge by training as required and have the highest regard for health & safety and working in a safe manner at all site, must be flexible with regards to working hours and travel.
- Time served with at least 5 years experience in all aspects of welding and fabrication
- High level of mechanical skills with engines, hydraulics, electrics with diagnostic and fault-finding skills
- Ability to work without direct supervision, make decisions and perform safely at all times
- City & Guilds / NVQ / SVQ in Plant Mechanics/ Plant Maintenance or similar
- Clear communication skills to liaise with regional supervisors and Fleet Manager
- CSCS, CPCS, MPQC, PTS – highly regarded
- A Full clean UK driving licence
- Ideally, some knowledge/experience of the rail , logistics, quarrying or civil engineering sectors
What`s on offer
- Competitive salary & benefits package for the right candidate including overtime as required
- Fully fitted new mobile welding vehicle
- Ongoing training and the opportunity for career progression
So if we’ve just described you and this Mobile Welder role matches your aspirations, then please email: email@example.com or call: 01279 630891
We believe in Equal Opportunities for all employees